Meeting Information – Please join us!
Laramie County Library
23rd and Pioneer
At our meetings, we share information about traditional food preparation techniques, resources for local, organic foods, and discuss plans for increasing membership. At times, someone brings a traditional treat.
Regular quarterly meetings are scheduled on either a Saturday afternoon or Monday night every 5-8 weeks. Meetings are held at the new Laramie County Library on the corner of 23rd Street and Pioneer in downtown Cheyenne.
We usually meet in the Windflower room on the third floor, but as our membership grows, that may change. An email will be sent before each meeting to remind you of the time and set the location.
The current meeting schedule is as follows:
- To be announced
*NOTE: Some of the past meetings have notes associated. Clicking on the blue links of past dates will open that meeting’s minutes or notes. To download the information in Adobe PDF form, RIGHT click on the blue link, and choose Save Target As (or Save Link As) from the menu. Then choose a location where you want to save the file.
- September 1, 2009. We discussed incorporating WAPF foods into kid friendly menus and busy schedules.
- May 11, 2009. We discussed growing your own food, what to do with leftover whey, and the plant sale at the Depot on May 16-18.
- March 21, 2009. We discussed taking turns making traditional foods, and a plan for legalizing raw milk consumption and direct sales in Wyoming.
- February 23, 2009. We discussed Food Myths and Truths.
- January 10, 2009 Meeting (click here to download presentation notes)
Ellen Davis and Clair Schwan gave a presentation on growing your own vegetables from seeds.
- November 15, 2008 Meeting*
Susan Sweeney presented a summary of her experiences at the 2008 Weston Price Conference in California.
- (Skip December meeting)